Monday, March 22, 2010

Sinthar

I ran my first game a cuple of years back with my first weekly gaming group. It was based in a D&D world that I sort of tailored to my story. Well, to be fair I never bothered making a full world, just one area called Sinthar, a jungle aread on the west coast of some undefined continent.



This map was from the point of view of a survey done by some recent settlers in Sinthar. The dots are groves, and the little settlement on the west coast is Porttown (I know, they're not very imaginitive), the settlers docklands turned town.

When I started running a prequal to that game last week, I really wanted to make a map of Porttown, but was a little lost when I started it. I just couldn't make it look legible... I contemplated buying some map making software (there's some good stuff out there, but it's expensive. But after looking around, I had ample inspiration to launch myself into a photoshop project.



Red - Residential
Blue - Commercial
Yellow - Warehouses
Turquoise - Inns

Everything else is self explanitory, I hope.

I got most of my inspiration from Profantasy and Fantast Map Maker

I always get my textures from CG textures

I made my own icon/sprite thingies... and I had a whole lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I can see my house from here :)
    Its the red one surrounded by trees in the bottom left quarter of the central area.

    ReplyDelete